Our Top 10 Books for Spiritual Growth (Besides the Holy Bible):
There are a lot of good books out there, but these have impacted our lives like no other (not necessarily in order of importance):
- The Desire of Ages by Ellen White. A book that makes the life of Christ come alive with deep insights and moving word pictures.
- Steps to Christ by Ellen White. Christianity at it's most basic; How to get to know Jesus.
- Education by Ellen White. This book profoundly changed our understanding of what "higher education" is all about, and had a big influence on us becoming farmers.
- The Great Controversy by Ellen White. Answers all the big questions in life by giving an overarching history of the battle between good and evil -- from beginning to end.
- We Would See Jesus by Roy & Revel Hession. Helps you to realize, like no other book we've ever read, that Jesus is truly all you need.
- Rees Howells, Intercessor by Norman Grubb. A moving biography, but more importantly, full of deep lessons on surrender, abiding in Christ, and secrets to being an effective prayer warrior (intercessor). Makes you realize how shallow most Christianity is!
- Waiting on God by Andrew Murray. We live in a society that doesn't like to wait. This book helps you to see how important it is to wait on God.
- Help in Daily Living by Ellen White. This is actually just the last four chapters of Ministry of Healing, but it is so full of practical Christian living that we find ourselves reading it over and over and over again. Compact and easy to take with you wherever you go.
- The Calvary Road by Roy Hession. A very deep but very practical look at the Christian life.
- Absolute Surrender by Andrew Murray. Absolute victory in the Christian life requires absolute surrender to self. This book walks you through what that looks like.