December 15, 2021
Written by John Dysinger
It’s hard to believe it’s been a year and a half since the last entry in this journal! It seems that COVID has made life blur into a dream that we hope to wake up from, but can’t seem to get out of. Sometimes I’m not sure if life is standing still or if it’s moving so fast that I can’t keep up! But life is not all bad by any means! This last year has been filled with many blessings, hence the title, “Ditto” (see the last entry, “The Best of Times, The Worst of Times”).
In order to keep this as brief as possible, I am going to just list some of the best and worst times of this last year and a half:
Best of Times
- The farm is doing better than ever!
- We have hired two former interns.
- The gluten-free bread business is booming
- We put up our first “high tech” greenhouse.
- We are grandparents!
- Travel to Brazil and NW
Worst of Times
- We lost two of our tunnels to snow last winter.
- We almost lost our mother to COVID
- Major flooding this year (x 4) — causing challenges on the farm.
- Major COVID outbreak at the church.