February 29, 2016
12 Reasons to Join Our CSA
Written by John Dysinger
- A true, family farm with 4 generations living and working together.
- We farm using Organic practices
- Year-round (Summer and Winter CSA’s)
- Heavily invested in “weatherproofing”
- 8 hoophouses for season extension and rain protection
- gravity flow irrigation from spring-fed pond (which has stayed full even in dry years)
- fields above the flood plain for spring flood protection
- heavily invested in soil building
- adding tons of organic matter to our fields yearly.
- growing cover crops extensively
- Aggressive "re-mineralization" of the soil - adding back what has been depleted through the centuries.
- Family members (not hired workers) at every delivery - so we can build relationships
- Small (no more than 100 members), for a personal touch
- Focused on quality - not quantity
- A wide variety of vegetables plus small fruits (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- Spring and Fall Open Houses on the farm
- 18 years’ farming experience
- We do our best and rely on God for the rest!
We’d love for you to join our farm family!