Our Core Beliefs
We believe the Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God. It is to be the light for all our thoughts, and the power for our words and actions. By reading the beginning and ending of a book, a person can usually gain a good overview of it’s contents. Therefore, we are sharing some of our core beliefs from the Bible’s introduction (Genesis) and conclusion (Revelation).
- In an eternal, all powerful, and all-knowing God. Gen. 1:1, Rev. 22:13
- That God created the heavens and the earth (and all that’s in it) in six literal days. Gen. 1:1–2:1
- God created mankind in His image. This image is most complete when a man and woman are united in marriage and become “one flesh”. Gen. 1:26,27, 2:18,24
- God gave man this earth as his dominion. We are to be faithful stewards of the gift we have been given. Gen. 1:26
- God’s plan for families includes children. We are to be fruitful and multiply. Gen. 1:28
- God’s original (and ideal) diet for man consisted of fruits, nuts, grains, and vegetables. This vegetarian diet was designed to promote optimal health. Gen. 1:29
- God rested from His work of creation on the seventh day (Saturday), and made it a holy day of rest for all mankind. Gen. 2:2,3, Isaiah 66:22–23, Rev. 21:1–7; 12:17
- Man consists of dust plus the breath of God. When the breath departs, man returns to dust. Man forfeited immortality when he disobeyed. Gen. 2:7, 3:19,22
- God’s original plan for man was to tend and keep the garden (an agrarian lifestyle). This is still the ideal for mental, physical, social, and spiritual growth. It is also the ideal family life. Gen. 2:15
- Obedience to God’s specific commands brings life; disobedience leads to death. Gen. 2:16,17, Rev. 22:14 (This obedience is only possible through Christ who strengthens us. Phil. 4:13)
- God desires to walk and talk with us each day—in a very tangible way. With His matchless love He draws us to Himself, delighting in spending quality time with His children. Gen. 3:8,9, Rev. 21:3
- Because Adam and Eve chose to disobey, they were separated from God. But, God had a plan in place to restore and redeem mankind! This plan was to send His Son, Jesus Christ, to live a perfect life and die a sinner’s death, and then offer His life and death to cover ours. Through Jesus, man once again has hope of eternal life, and restoration to his original relationship with God! Hinted at in Gen. 3:15 and Rev. 21:3–5, but fleshed out in the rest of the Bible.
- God will create a new heaven and a new earth where those who “do his commandments” (through Jesus’ strength) will live forever with Him. Rev. 21:1, 22:14
- Jesus is “coming quickly” to take us home with Him. While we believe in the imminent return of Christ we recognize our God-given responsibility to live lives of industry and service to others. We choose to follow the Biblical guidelines of stewardship with the talents and assets entrusted to us while continually living in anticipation of His soon return. Rev. 22:7,12,20, Gen. 1:26–28